Anderson scores 14 as Nebraska edges USC 51-48Nov 29, 2009 - 11:57 PM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Ryan Anderson scored 14 points to help Nebraska edge USC 51-48 Sunday.
Eshaunte Jones scored the winning basket on a 3-pointer with 11.7 seconds left.
After USC called time with 8.4 seconds to go, Marcus Johnson air-balled a 3-point attempt from the left wing, preserving the win for the Cornhuskers (4-1).
Brandon Ubel added 10 points for Nebraska, which committed only seven turnovers in its third straight win.
Alex Stepheson led USC with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Johnson, Donte Smith and Dwight Lewis each had 10 points for USC (2-2).
Trailing 46-43, Nebraska answered with five straight points capped by Anderson's 3-point play after he stole the ball and was fouled while making a layup.
USC limited Nebraska to three second-chance points by outrebounding the Cornhuskers 38-27.
- NCAA BB
USC 48 FINAL
Nov 29 6:38 PM
- NCAA BB
USC 26 HALFTIME
Nov 29 5:24 PM
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28