Georgia State defeats Jacksonville 64-54Dec 1, 2009 - 2:28 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Trae Goldston scored 19 points to lead Georgia State to a 64-54 win over Jacksonville on Monday night.
Goldston shot 6-for-11 and nailed four 3-pointers for the Panthers (4-4). Xavier Hansbro chipped in with 15 points and nine rebounds.
A 9-2 run late in the first half gave the Panthers a 30-16 lead with 1:43 remaining in the first half. Goldston made two 3-pointers during the run.
After trailing 30-21 at halftime, the Dolphins (0-4) opened the second half with an 11-4 run. A jumper from Ben Smith capped the run, and made the score 34-32 with 15:12 remaining.
But the Panthers used a 10-3 run late in the game to take a 61-51 lead with 33 seconds left.
Jacksonville was led by Ayron Hardy, who finished with 11 points and nine rebounds. Lehmon Colbert added 10 points.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8