Stony Brook defeats Lehigh 71-52Dec 1, 2009 - 3:50 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- Bryan Dougher scored 18 points on a career-high six 3-pointers and Stony Brook defeated Lehigh 71-52 on Monday night.
Dougher hit five of his 3s in the first half as the Seawolves (5-1) led 47-24 at halftime.
Stony Brook trailed 8-7 with 16:08 left in the first half before going on a 27-3 run, highlighted by nine points each from Dougher and Dallis Joyner.
Tommy Brenton put the Seawolves ahead 34-11 on a dunk with 7:59 left in the first half.
Stony Brook, which held opponents to 32.4 percent shooting in its two previous road wins, held the Mountain Hawks (3-3) to a 30.2 mark (16-for-53).
Joyner finished with 14 points for the Seawolves and Muhammad El-Amin added 10.
The Seawolves shot 50 percent (17 of 34) including 43.8 percent from 3-point range (7 of 16) in the first half.
John Adams scored 13 for Lehigh, which snapped a three-game winning streak.
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 71
LEHIGH 52 FINAL
Nov 30 8:50 PM
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 47
LEHIGH 24 HALFTIME
Nov 30 7:54 PM
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15