Army defeats Bryant 64-58Dec 1, 2009 - 4:01 AM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Cleveland Richard scored 18 points to lead Army in a 64-58 win over Bryant on Monday night.
Richard shot 6-for-13 from the field, and also tallied five steals for the Black Knights (5-1). Ella Ellis chipped in with 10 points.
After trailing 36-33 in the second half, Army went on an 11-0 run to take the lead. A jumper from Julian Williams with 13:35 remaining made the score 44-36. The Black Knights would stay in the lead for the remainder of the game.
Bryant (0-6) was led by Chris Birrell, who scored 20 points. He shot 6-for-11, with all of his attempts coming from 3-point range. Barry Latham chipped in with 10 rebounds.
The Bulldogs shot 36.4 percent from the field (16-for-44) and only 20.8 percent in the second half (5-for-24).
Army scored 20 points off of Bryant's 20 turnovers.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10
- No. 15 Gonzaga takes on Bryant in season opener Nov 9
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20