Arkansas-Little Rock edges Oral Roberts 73-68Dec 1, 2009 - 4:07 AM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Matt Mouzy scored a career-high 27 points to lead Arkansas-Little Rock to a 73-68 victory over Oral Roberts on Monday night.
Mouzy finished 9 of 10 from the field, including 5 of 6 from 3-point range to pace the sharp-shooting Trojans (3-4). Little Rock shot 54.2 percent overall and connected on 10 of 14 3s (71.4 percent).
Dominique Morrison led the Golden Eagles (3-4) with 24 points, and Kevin Ford added 15.
The Trojans led 32-31 at halftime before extending their lead to as many as 13, 59-46 with 8:10 to play. Oral Roberts pulled to within three on three occasions in the final 2:45 but couldn't get any closer.
Solomon Bozeman and Mouzy each hit two free throws in the final 25 seconds to secure the win.
Mike Smith added a season-high 15 points for Little Rock and Bozeman had 13.
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 68
UALR 73 FINAL
Nov 30 9:57 PM
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 31
UALR 32 HALFTIME
Nov 30 8:50 PM
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oral Roberts forced to forfeit two Southland games Jan 7
- Baylor cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 31
- Bears set sights on Golden Eagles Dec 30
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Wichita State cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 7
- Shockers play host to Golden Eagles Dec 7