Memphis crushes Oakland 77-46Dec 1, 2009 - 3:19 AM MEMPHIS, Tenn.(AP) -- Elliot Williams scored 20 points and Will Coleman added 12 points, six rebounds and four blocks to lead Memphis to a 77-46 victory over Oakland (Mich.) on Monday night.
Roburt Sallie matched Coleman's 12 points for the Tigers (4-1). Williams was 8-for-14 from the field in the game, as Memphis shot 54.8 percent (34-for-62).
Derick Nelson led Oakland (3-4) with 14 points, while Johnathon Jones added 12 points. Keith Benson, who leads the Golden Grizzlies in scoring with 18.2 points per game, was held to 9 points on 3-of-13 shooting.
Memphis pulled away with 14 unanswered points midway through the first half, and took a 31-17 lead at halftime. Memphis eventually would lead by as many as 36.
Oakland was hindered by shooting 33.3 percent (16-for-48) and committing 24 turnovers in the game.
- Tubby Smith adds 4 assistants to his Memphis coaching staff May 10
- Memphis hires Tubby Smith as Tigers' new basketball coach Apr 14
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Memphis reviewing possible AD, coach conflict of interest Mar 22
- Josh Pastner to stay at Memphis despite missing NCAAs again Mar 18
- American Athletic Conference suspends Memphis' Shaq Goodwin Jan 5
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen gets 2-year extension Oct 8
- Moore leads No. 21 SMU over Memphis Feb 27
- SMU and Memphis collide in AAC action Feb 26