Sacred Heart beats Columbia 60-55Dec 1, 2009 - 2:05 AM FAIRFIELD, Conn.(AP) -- Corey Hassan and Ryan Litke scored 19 points apiece to lead Sacred Heart to a 60-55 win over Columbia on Monday night.
Litke scored eight of his 19 points in the game's final 3:49, including knocking down a pair of 3s, to seal the win for Sacred Heart.
Hassan, who came into the game with five straight 20-plus point performances (averaging 26 points per game), also grabbed 11 rebounds for the Pioneers (3-3).
Sacred Heart, which snapped a three-game losing skid with the win, has won three straight against Columbia and evened the all-time series at 4-4.
The Pioneers went 10-for-24 from beyond the arc (41.7 percent), while the Lions went just 3-for-11 (27.3 percent). Sacred Heart also won the rebounding battle 33-24.
Noruwa Agho paced the Lions (2-3) with 16 points, Brian Grimes added 13 and Patrick Foley had 10.
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- Defending champion UConn opens season with win Nov 12
- Defending champs open up in Storrs against Lions Nov 11