Saint Joseph's 73, Rider 81Dec 1, 2009 - 3:13 AM LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP) -- Justin Robinson scored 21 points to lead Rider to an 81-73 victory over Saint Joseph's on Monday night.
The Broncs (5-3) trailed 37-31 before closing out the final 3:49 of the first half on a 12-3 run.
With Rider ahead 54-48, the Hawks used a 12-0 spurt to take a 60-54 lead. The Broncs then went on a 14-1 run, keyed by five points by Ryan Thompson, to lead 68-61 with 4:20 left.
Saint Joseph's (3-3) could get no closer than four points the rest of the way.
Mike Ringgold added 16 points, nine rebounds and four assists for Rider, which outrebounded the Hawks 44-32. Jhamar Youngblood also scored 16 for the Broncs and Thompson had 11 points, seven rebounds and three assists.
Idris Hilliard led the Hawks with 13 points and Justin Crosgile added 12.
Rider defeated Saint Joseph's for the first time since Jan. 2, 1980, and trails in the series 17-3.
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6
- Bitter rivals clash, as Hawks visit Wildcats Dec 6
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25