Navy beats Quinnipiac 65-62 on buzzer beaterDec 1, 2009 - 3:33 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Chris Harris scored 31 points and his half-court heave off the glass fell at the buzzer to give Navy a 65-62 win over Quinnipiac on Monday night.
Harris' game-winner was the only field goal by the Midshipmen (3-4) in the final 10:30 of play as they were 5-for-19 from the field in the second half.
James Feldeine scored 18 of his 24 points in the second half to help the Bobcats (3-2) erase a 17-point deficit.
After a Harris 3-pointer put Navy ahead 41-24 with 18:19 to go, Quinnipiac used a pair of 7-0 runs to draw within 55-52 with 4:50 left. The Bobcats tied the game at 59 with 1:02 remaining.
Harris made two foul shots, then Feldeine hit a jumper to tie the game with 26 seconds remaining. O.J. Avworo made 1 of 2 free throws for Navy, then Justin Rutty hit 1 of 2 for Quinnipiac with 2.4 seconds left. Harris caught the pass at half court, dribbled and heaved it.
- NCAA BB
NAVY 65 FINAL
Nov 30 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
NAVY 38 HALFTIME
Nov 30 7:46 PM
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2015-16 season Jul 18
- Quinnipiac's Moore receives contract extension Apr 29
- Hokies beat Quinnipiac 81-61 in 1st round of NIT Mar 17
- Robert Morris 52, Quinnipiac 50 Mar 10