Florida Atlantic beats Albany 81-65Dec 1, 2009 - 4:11 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Greg Gantt scored a career-high 24 points as Florida Atlantic defeated Albany (N.Y.) 81-65 on Monday night.
Gantt set a career high for the second game in a row after scoring 19 for the Owls (3-3) in a loss against South Florida. He was one of four Owls in double-digit scoring, as Brett Royster added 12 and Shavar Richardson and Sanchez Hughley chipped in 10 apiece.
DeMonte Simpson added a career-high 10 rebounds.
The Owls shot 50 percent from the floor (16-for-32) in the first half, but held just a 37-34 lead at halftime.
Albany took a 40-39 lead early in the second half, but back to back 3s by Raymond Taylor and Gantt helped the Owls to a 48-44 lead. Leading 62-56 with 8:27 left, the Owls went on a 17-4 run to put the game out of reach.
Will Harris paced the Great Danes (3-5) with 20 points.
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15