Arizona State tops Arkansas-Pine Bluff 74-57Dec 1, 2009 - 5:47 AM TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Eric Boateng had 17 points and seven rebounds and Derek Glasser added a season-high nine assists as Arizona State defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff 74-57 on Monday.
Jamelle McMillan had 12 points and Rihards Kuksiks 10 for the Sun Devils (6-1).
Savalance Townsend led the Golden Lions (0-5) with a career-high 23 points. Tyree Glass had 11.
Arizona State shot 54.5 percent from the field and used its aggressive 3-2 matchup zone defense to limit Pine Bluff to 37.7 percent shooting. No. 6 Duke, which shot 41.8 percent in a victory over the Sun Devils on Wednesday, is the only team to shoot as high as 40 percent against Arizona State this season.
Boateng was 6 of 8 from the field and is shooting 71.7 percent for the season. He has 84 points this season, his first as a starter, after scoring 57 last year.
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Arizona State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Hurley adds big boost of excitement at Arizona State Oct 28
- Hurley trying to make the pieces fit at Arizona State Sep 30
- ASU hires Duke legend Hurley as head coach Apr 9
- ASU fires Sendek Mar 24
- Utah routs Arizona State with dominant first half Feb 27
- Pac-12 action pits Utes against Sun Devils Feb 26