Raji's 24 help Boston College beat Michigan 62-58Dec 3, 2009 - 2:32 AM By LARRY LAGE AP Sports Writer
ANN ARBOR, Mich.(AP) -- Corey Raji scored a season-high 24 points and Boston College held on for a 62-58 victory over Michigan on Wednesday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
Raji scored his first nine points - all in the lane - in the first 7 minutes. He had half of his team's points when the Eagles (5-2) led 34-24 at halftime.
Manny Harris scored 19 for the Wolverines (3-3).
Boston College had an 11-point lead with 3 minutes left but needed to make stops and free throws after Harris' 3-pointer made it 57-51 with 1:57 left.
Michigan often looked overwhelmed and frustrated, playing nothing like the team that attracted enough respect to be ranked No. 15 last week. The Wolverines were in The Associated Press preseason poll for the first time since the 1996-97 season.
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13