Alabama rallies to defeat North Florida 73-51Dec 3, 2009 - 4:09 AM TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- Freshman Tony Mitchell scored 17 points and Mikhail Torrance added 15 to lead Alabama to a 73-51 victory over North Florida on Wednesday night.
Mitchell, who also had seven rebounds, left the game with 9:25 to go because of a swollen left knee. He hit the floor hard after going up for a rebound and is day-to-day.
North Florida (1-5) led 31-30 at halftime and 35-34 with 17:56 to go.
Alabama (5-2) used a 35-11 run to pull away and held the Ospreys without a field goal for the final 4:03.
The Crimson Tide hit a season-high nine 3-pointers - going 9-for-20 from long range - and made five of their first 11.
North Florida, which entered the game with the third-best 3-point shooting percentage (48.4 percent) behind Iowa State and Kansas, was 4-for-14 from beyond the arc (28.6 percent).
Andy Diaz had 14 points and Stan Januska added 13 for North Florida.
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 51
ALABAMA 73 FINAL
Dec 2 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 31
ALABAMA 30 HALFTIME
Dec 2 8:56 PM
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12
- Alabama Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Avery Johnson stirring up excitement before Alabama debut Oct 29
- Alabama tabs Avery Johnson as men's basketball coach Apr 6