Wright State beats Cleveland State 73-64Dec 4, 2009 - 5:00 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Cooper Land scored 14 points and Cory Cooperwood tallied a double-double, leading Wright State to a 73-64 win over Cleveland State in the Horizon League opener for both teams on Thursday night.
Cooperwood scored 13 points and added 10 boards, and Land hit three of Wright State's four 3-pointers in the win. Vaughn Duggins, Scott Grote and Troy Tabler scored 10 points apiece for the Raiders (4-2).
The Raiders took an eight-point lead into the locker room and outscored the Vikings (3-5) 37-36 in the second half to hold on.
Wright State outrebounded Cleveland State 29-23.
The Raiders shot 51.2 percent from the floor (21-for-41) compared to just a 44.2 mark (23-for-52) for the Vikings.
Norris Cole paced the Vikings with 18 points, Jeremy Montgomery had 13 and Trevon Harmon added 10.
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 64
WRIGHT ST 73 FINAL
Dec 3 11:15 PM
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 28
WRIGHT ST 36 HALFTIME
Dec 3 9:58 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25