Keeling, Detroit turn back Cleveland State 69-62Dec 5, 2009 - 9:08 PM DETROIT(AP) -- Xavier Keeling scored 24 points Saturday to lead Detroit to a 69-62 Horizon League victory over Cleveland State.
The Titans (6-2, 2-0) also got 18 points from Thomas Kennedy, 10 points from Woody Payne and a game-high 11 rebounds from Chase Simon.
The Vikings (3-6, 0-2) placed four players in double figures, led by Trevon Harmon's 15 points. He was backed by 12 from Nigel Ajere and 11 each from Norris Cole and Jeremy Montgomery.
Detroit blew out to a 12-0 lead before Cleveland State scored. Eulis Stephens' dunk gave the Titans a 25-6 edge, their largest lead of the first half, with 11:08 to go. Detroit led 26-15 at the break.
The Titans did not let up, scoring the first five points of the second half for a 31-15 advantage.
The lead reached 20 at 58-38 on Kennedy's layup with 5:18 left, and Detroit was never in trouble.
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 62
DETROIT 69 FINAL
Dec 5 3:08 PM
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 15
DETROIT 26 HALFTIME
Dec 5 1:53 PM
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14