Columbia holds off winless Wagner 102-91Dec 9, 2009 - 3:40 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Noruwa Agho scored a career-high 30 points and Columbia held off winless Wagner 102-91 on Tuesday night.
The Lions (4-4) scored more than 100 points for the first time since defeating Polytechnic 109-63 on Dec. 29, 2007.
Columbia shot 60.7 percent from the field (37-for-61), while Wagner (0-7) improved from 31 percent in the first half (9-for-29) to 56.4 percent (22-for-39) in the second.
The Lions, who lead Division I in 3-point accuracy at 47.2 percent, shot 46.7 percent (7-for-15).
Wagner shot 44.1 percent (15-for-34) from beyond the arc with Chris Martin going 8-for-17 for a career-high 34 points.
With the game tied at 13, the Lions used a 20-6 run to pull away and led 54-29 at halftime.
The Seahawks got within 88-79 with 4:01 left, but could get no closer.
Brian Grimes added 17 points for the Lions, while Josh Thompson had 17 for the Seahawks.
- NCAA BB
WAGNER 91 FINAL
Dec 8 9:15 PM
- NCAA BB
WAGNER 29 HALFTIME
Dec 8 8:05 PM
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26