Albany's second-half run keeps Penn winless 78-60Dec 9, 2009 - 2:46 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Tim Ambrose scored 20 points and Will Harris added 19 as Albany (N.Y.) kept Penn winless with a 78-60 victory on Tuesday night.
Leading 39-36 with 18:49 left, the Great Danes (4-6) used a 20-7 run to pull away. Albany shot 57.1 percent (16-for-28) from the field in the second half while the Quakers were 34.8 percent (8-for-23).
Penn (0-6) which won't play again at home until Jan. 13 against Temple, is off to its worst start since beginning the 2000-01 season 0-8.
The Quakers, playing without injured starters Tyler Bernardini and Andreas Schreiber for the fourth straight game, were outrebounded by the Great Danes 37-24.
Mike Johnson added 15 points and seven assists for Albany.
Albany won 73-63 last year in the only other meeting between the two schools.
Jack Eggleston led the Quakers with 15 points, while Zack Rosen and Mike Howlett had 10 apiece.
- NCAA BB
PENN 60 FINAL
Dec 8 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
PENN 32 HALFTIME
Dec 8 7:45 PM
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20