Marquette defeats Wisconsin-Milwaukee 71-51Dec 9, 2009 - 3:38 AM MILWAUKEE(AP) -- Jimmy Butler made all six of his shots and had a game-high 19 points to lead Marquette to a 71-51 victory over Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Tuesday night.
The Golden Eagles (7-2) improved to 37-0 all-time against their in-town rivals. The winning streak is the second-longest active by any program against the same opponent and ranks eighth all-time.
Milwaukee (6-4) got more points from its bench than its starters, and reserve Anthony Hill had a team-high 10 points.
Butler had 11 points in the first half and was 5 for 5 from the floor.
Darius Johnson-Odom added 15 points and Lazar Hayward chipped in with 13 for Marquette, which lost its last two games, to Florida State and North Carolina State, by a total of just five points.
The Panthers also had 20 turnovers and allowed Marquette to shoot 52.2 percent (24 for 46).
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 51
MARQUETTE 71 FINAL
Dec 8 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 19
MARQUETTE 30 HALFTIME
Dec 8 8:54 PM
- Marquette guard Wally Ellenson leaving basketball team Apr 21
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson declares for NBA draft Apr 5
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Marquette's Ellenson day to day with sprained left ankle Mar 2
- Marquette, freshman star Henry Ellenson, wrap up at home Feb 29
- Led by freshman Ellenson, young Marquette seeks Feb. push Feb 10
- Snow sacks Marquette-St. John's basketball game Jan 23
- After road upset, young Marquette looks to improve at home Jan 8
- Wojciechowski gets 2-year extension at Marquette to 2022 Dec 29
- Fresh faces get in on Marquette-Wisconsin rivalry Dec 11
- Wojo readies Ellenson, touted Marquette freshmen for opener Nov 11