Charlotte cruises past Winston-Salem 94-52Dec 9, 2009 - 3:48 AM CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Chris Braswell recorded his fourth double-double this season, scoring 16 points and pulling down 15 rebounds, to lead Charlotte to a 94-52 victory over Winston-Salem State on Tuesday night.
Shamari Spears added 17 points, going 7-for-10 from the field, as the 49ers (7-1), who won their fifth consecutive game, are off to their best start since 1994-95.
Charlotte, which defeated No. 18 Louisville on Saturday, applied full court pressure early in the first half and started with a 7-0 run in the first matchup with Winston-Salem State (2-6).
Braswell set the tone in the first 56 seconds. He grabbed a rebound, made the layup and was fouled in the process for a three-point play.
Charlotte's 20-10 run with 13:56 remaining gave the 49ers a double-digit lead.
Charlotte's big men dominated inside as the 49ers outscored the Rams 38-24 in the paint and outrebounded them 50-27. The 49ers were 15-for-23 from the free throw line.
Braswell entered the game averaging a team-high 9.1 rebounds a game.
Gokhan Sirin added 12 points and Charles Dewhurst scored 11 points for Charlotte, which shot 54.7 percent from the field (35-for-64) for the game.
Paul Davis scored 12 points and had seven rebounds, Lamar Monger added 14 points and Brian Fisher finished with 10 points for the Rams, who have lost two straight games.
- NCAA BB
WINSTON SALEM 52
CHARLOTTE 94 FINAL
Dec 8 9:57 PM
- NCAA BB
WINSTON SALEM 22
CHARLOTTE 43 HALFTIME
Dec 8 8:54 PM
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Mark Price named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 26
- Reports: Price to be named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 25
- Major won't return as Charlotte coach Mar 15
- Hurricanes hit 14 3s, hold off Charlotte Nov 26
- Charlotte and Miami do it again Nov 25
- Charlotte shocks Michigan to win Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 24
- 49ers take on Wolverines for Puerto Rico Tip-Off crown Nov 24
- Billikens thump Charlotte in A-10 quarters Mar 15
- A-10 tourney action pits 49ers against Billikens Mar 15
- Charlotte, Henry take down No. 11 Butler Feb 13