Nevada overwhelms Fresno Pacific in 89-67 winDec 9, 2009 - 5:29 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Armon Johnson scored 19 points to lead Nevada to a 89-67 over Fresno Pacific on Tuesday night.
Luke Babbitt added 16 points as the Wolf Pack (3-4) snapped a three-game losing streak.
James Lewis led the Sunbirds (7-2) with 18 points.
Nevada, which is now 3-0 at home, also had 10 points each from Brandon Fields and Joey Shaw.
Nevada took a 56-35 lead at halftime as Johnson scored 17 points and Babbitt added 14. Shaw opened the game with a pair of 3-pointers in the first two minutes as Nevada led the entire first half.
Lewis had 10 first-half points for the Sunbirds. Jordan Wild added seven in the opening half and finished with nine. Todd Brown scored 12 points for the Sunbirds, including nine in the second half.
- NCAA BB
FRESNO PACIFIC 67
NEVADA 89 FINAL
Dec 8 11:55 PM
- NCAA BB
FRESNO PACIFIC 35
NEVADA 56 HALFTIME
Dec 8 10:54 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8
- Adams, LaVine power UCLA past Nevada Nov 29
- Bruins battle Wolf Pack in Las Vegas Invitational Nov 28
- Snell, New Mexico tops Nevada Mar 7