Lewis, USC turn back Sacramento State 51-36Dec 9, 2009 - 5:30 AM By BETH HARRIS AP Sports Writer
LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Dwight Lewis scored 16 points and Southern California raced to commanding leads in both halves of a 51-36 victory over Sacramento State on Tuesday night to snap a three-game losing skid.
Nikola Vucevic added 14 points and a career-high 15 rebounds, and Alex Stepheson had 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Trojans (3-4), who were coming off consecutive blowout losses at No. 2 Texas and Georgia Tech.
Sultan Toles-Bey scored eight points for the Hornets (4-6), who shot a season-worst 23 percent in losing their second straight and fourth in last five.
The Hornets shot 6 of 32 in the first half as USC raced to an 18-6 lead but outscored the Trojans 10-2 to get within four before USC made the final two baskets to lead 24-16 at the break.
USC committed a season-worst 25 turnovers but controlled the boards 49-29 for the fifth consecutive game and had 12 blocked shots.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 36
USC 51 FINAL
Dec 9 12:26 AM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 16
USC 24 HALFTIME
Dec 8 11:19 PM
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28
- No. 7 Arizona eases past USC Feb 20
- Pac-12 tilt pits Wildcats against Trojans Feb 19
- No. 11 Utah routs USC Feb 2
- Utes seek redemption in Pac-12 clash with Trojans Feb 1
- Utah routs USC in Pac-12 opener Jan 3
- Trojans challenge 10th-ranked Utes in Pac-12 opener Jan 2