Austin Peay beats Ohio 68-66Dec 10, 2009 - 3:10 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- John Fraley sank both free throws with 1 second left, helping Austin Peay's coach net a record-setting 68-66 win over Ohio on Wednesday night.
After Austin Peay's final timeout with 12 seconds left and the score tied at 66, Ohio's Kenneth Van Kempen fouled Fraley to set up the game-winning shots.
Austin Peay coach Dave Loos won his 320th game, which sets the record for most victories in Ohio Valley Conference history.
With the game tied at 62-all, Duran Roberson knocked down a 3-pointer to put the Governors (6-4) on top by three with 2:36 remaining. But D.J. Cooper pulled Ohio (4-3) within 65-64 on a layup with just under 2 minutes left.
Wes Channels hit a free throw before Cooper's jumper evened the score at 66 with 15 seconds remaining.
Channels had his first career double-double, finishing with 22 points and 10 boards.
Armon Bassett had 12 points for Ohio.
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- Ohio U cancels basketball game amid campus scare Jan 30