Providence hits 3's, tops George Washington 110-97Dec 10, 2009 - 2:42 AM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Sharaud Curry scored 16 points and dished out a career-high 13 assists, Marshon Brooks scored 19 points and Providence stayed hot from beyond the arc to beat George Washington 110-97 on Wednesday night.
Despite playing their third game in five days, the Friars (7-3) maintained an up-tempo pace en route to their highest scoring game of the season. They connected on 16-of-29 3-pointers - a season high and one shy of their all-time mark.
Jamine Peterson finished with 18 points and 12 rebounds and Bilal Dixon scored a career-high 18 points for the Friars, who led by as many as 16 points in the second half.
Lasan Kromah hit consecutive 3-pointers to bring the Colonials (6-2) to within nine, 102-93, but they pulled no closer. Kromah hit six of his first seven shots and finished with a game-high 22 points for George Washington.
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 97 FINAL
Dec 9 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
PROVIDENCE 58 58
GEORGE WASHINGTON 46 46 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
PROVIDENCE - BILAL DIXON 12, THREE PLAYERS WITH 9
GEORGE WASHINGTON - LASAN KROMAH 13, THREE PLAYERS WITH 6
Dec 9 7:48 PM
- Cooley hopes to be at Providence 'for life' with extension Mar 30
- Providence's Bentil declares for NBA draft, won't hire agent Mar 23
- Friars relying on Dunn-Bentil duo vs. top-seeded Tar Heels Mar 18
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug Feb 4
- Providence's Bentil listed as day-to-day after ankle injury Feb 4
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- Providence wins 60-59 after Illinois misses flurry of shots Nov 18
- Dunn staying at Providence Apr 24
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Villanova edges Providence to advance to Big East final Mar 14