Myles leads Wichita State past UMKC 73-52Dec 10, 2009 - 3:41 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- David Kyles came off the bench to score 16 points and lead four players in double figures as Wichita State beat Missouri-Kansas City 73-52 Wednesday night.
The Shockers (8-1) won their sixth consecutive game and broke a two-game losing streak against the Kangaroos. UMKC beat Wichita State in each of the last two seasons.
Kyles had 13 of his game-high 16 points in the second half. The Shockers played 11 players and nine of them scored. J.T. Durley had 12 points, and Graham Hatch and Toure' Murry added 10 each.
The Kangaroos (4-4) were paced by Jay Couisnard with 13 points, LaTreze Mushatt with 11 and Bakari Lewis with 10.
Wichita State led 34-22 at halftime. The Kangaroos made just 5 of 23 field goals in the first half (22 percent).
- NCAA BB
WICHITA ST 73
UMKC 52 FINAL
Dec 9 10:08 PM
- NCAA BB
WICHITA ST 34
UMKC 22 HALFTIME
Dec 9 9:03 PM
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- No. 22 Wichita St uses balanced scoring to top Loyola 80-54 Jan 28
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- Winter storm forces New Mexico St-Wichita St postponement Dec 28
- Wichita State says F Grady's back injury improving Nov 28
- Grady hurt in No. 20 Wichita State loss to Alabama Nov 27
- No. 10 Shockers enter season with high expectations again Nov 3
- Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Report: Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Notre Dame lights up Wichita State, reaches Elite Eight Mar 27