Southern Illinois rolls to 86-65 victoryDec 10, 2009 - 4:13 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Tony Freeman scored 26 points to lead Southern Illinois to an 86-65 win against Southeast Missouri on Wednesday.
Freeman made 10 of 15 field goals, including 6 of 11 3-pointers, for the Salukis (4-2).
Anthony Booker added 10 points and 11 rebounds for Southern Illinois. Nick Evans scored 15, and Carlton Fay and Kevin Dillard had 11 apiece.
Anthony Allison led Southeast Missouri (3-7) with 15 points. Eric McCrary scored 13, and LaMont Russell grabbed 10 rebounds.
Southern Illinois used a 25-5 run to take a 40-14 lead with about three minutes left in the first half.
The Salukis shot 56.1 percent from the field, including 42.1 percent on 3-pointers, and scored 27 points off turnovers.
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 86
SE MISSOURI 65 FINAL
Dec 9 10:50 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 44
SE MISSOURI 21 HALFTIME
Dec 9 9:55 PM
- Wichita State tops SIU in MVC QFs Mar 6
- Salukis seek upset of Shockers in MVC Tournament Mar 6
- Wichita State cruises past Southern Illinois Feb 17
- Salukis face tall task in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Feb 17
- Northern Iowa stays hot with win over Southern Illinois Jan 28
- MVC melee pits Panthers against Salukis Jan 28
- Carter scores 25 as Wichita State beats Southern Illinois Jan 14
- Salukis face uphill climb in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Jan 14
- Wichita State goes to 26-0 after beating Southern Illinois Feb 11
- Salukis seek upset of fourth-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Wichita State drops Southern Illinois in MVC opener Jan 3
- Shockers seeks revenge in MVC opener against Salukis Jan 2