Arizona defeats Louisiana Tech 83-67Dec 10, 2009 - 6:26 AM TUCSON, Ariz.(AP) -- Nic Wise scored 24 points and Jamelle Horne added 20 points and eight rebounds as Arizona defeated Louisiana Tech 83-67 on Wednesday night.
Five players scored in double figures for the Wildcats (4-4), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Kyle Gibson finished with a game-high 25 points for Louisiana Tech (7-2), and DeAndre Brown added 13.
Arizona, which led 35-31 at halftime, went on a 12-4 run to start the second half. Derrick Williams scored seven points during the spree and gave the Wildcats a 51-35 lead with put-back dunk.
The closest Louisiana Tech got after that was 55-45 with 10:10 remaining.
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10
- Arizona's Trier coming on strong after talk from Miller Dec 12
- Gonzaga, Arizona to keep one of West's best matchups going Dec 2
- Arizona's Tarczewski out at least a month with foot injury Dec 1