Boise State overcomes slow start in 79-67 victoryDec 10, 2009 - 4:32 AM POCATELLO, Idaho(AP) -- Ike Okoye scored 23 points, grabbed nine rebounds and blocked four shots as Boise State overcame a slow start and defeated Idaho State 79-67 Wednesday night.
La'Shard Anderson added 15 points and seven assists and Robert Arnold had 13 points for the Broncos (5-3).
Broderick Gilchrest led the Bengals (2-7) with 20 points while Amorrow Morgan had 14 points.
Boise State led by 12 early in second half, but Idaho State twice closed to within two, the last time at 60-58 with 4:41 remaining. The Broncos responded with a 19-9 run to end the game.
Idaho State jumped ahead 11-2 before Boise State scored nine unanswered points to take its first lead, 22-21 with 4:04 left in the half. The Broncos ended the half on a 9-4 run for a 31-25 lead.
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 79
IDAHO ST 67 FINAL
Dec 9 10:58 PM
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Kaminsky lifts No. 3 Wisconsin over Boise State Nov 23