USC rallies past Idaho State 59-53Dec 12, 2009 - 7:13 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Dwight Lewis had 19 points and Alex Stepheson added 16 points and 12 rebounds as Southern California rallied to beat Idaho State 59-53 Friday night.
Marcus Johnson added 10 points for the Trojans (4-4), who blocked a school-record 13 shots.
Rodney Gilchrist led the Bengals (2-8) with 14 points, and Amorrow Morgan added 13.
Lewis, whose season average is 11.7 points, posted 11 by halftime Friday. He hit two 3-pointers in the first 1:02 to help USC build a 25-6 lead by the midpoint of the half.
But the Trojans couldn't hold onto the ball, and Idaho State owned the rest of the period and the beginning of the second. USC finished with 18 turnovers.
The Bengals took the lead seven minutes into the second half, but USC's physical dominance inside allowed the Trojans to wear down the Bengals in the final minutes on a 21-13 run.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IDAHO STATE 21 32 53
USC 31 28 59 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: IDAHO STATE - AMORROW MORGAN 15, BRODERICK GILCHREST
12, TWO PLAYERS WITH 8
USC - DWIGHT LEWIS 19, ALEX STEPHESON 16,
MARCUS JOHNSON 10
Dec 12 12:36 AM
- NCAA BB
IDAHO ST 21
USC 31 HALFTIME
Dec 11 11:23 PM
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28
- No. 7 Arizona eases past USC Feb 20
- Pac-12 tilt pits Wildcats against Trojans Feb 19
- No. 11 Utah routs USC Feb 2
- Utes seek redemption in Pac-12 clash with Trojans Feb 1
- Utah routs USC in Pac-12 opener Jan 3
- Trojans challenge 10th-ranked Utes in Pac-12 opener Jan 2