Daniels, Botts lead IPFW past North Dakota 73-52Dec 12, 2009 - 9:52 PM FORT WAYNE, Ind.(AP) -- Nick Daniels and Ben Botts each hit 5 3-pointers Saturday to pace IPFW past North Dakota 73-52.
Daniels led the Mastodons (3-5) with a career-best 19 points, going 5 of 11 from long distance. Botts finished with 15 points and was 5 of 9 from 3-point range. Antwone Snead added 17 points, also a career high, and Deilvez Yearby had 13.
The Fighting Sioux (1-10) were led by Travis Mertens, whose career-high 19 points included 11 free throws. He also had a team-high nine rebounds. Chris Clausen added 11 points.
North Dakota, which shot just 30.4 percent, missed 12 of its first 13 shots in falling behind 18-4. IPFW's largest lead of the first half came at 40-17.
Botts stretched it to 58-34 on a 3-pointer with 10:09 left. The lead crested at 27 when Snead converted a three-point play for a 64-37 edge with 7:46 to go.
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 52
IPFW 73 FINAL
Dec 12 3:49 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 20
IPFW 40 HALFTIME
Dec 12 2:52 PM
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- NDSU downs IPFW for Summit League crown Mar 12
- Mastodons challenge Bison in Summit League title game Mar 11
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- Notre Dame handles IUPU-Fort Wayne Dec 17