Columbia beats winless Bryant 69-57Dec 12, 2009 - 8:56 PM SMITHFIELD, R.I.(AP) -- Noruwa Agho scored 23 points and Columbia defeated Bryant 69-57 on Saturday.
The Lions (5-4) had 14 steals and shot 45.1 percent from the field (23 of 51). Ago was 9 of 12 for Columbia, which won their second straight on the road.
The Lions scored 22 points off of 17 Bryant turnovers.
Brian Grimes and Patrick Foley scored 12 points each for the Lions and Niko Scott added 10. Asenso Ampim grabbed 11 rebounds for Columbia, which outrebounded the Bulldogs 33-23.
The Lions, who rank No. 1 in Division I in 3-point accuracy at 47.1 percent, were 3 of 6 against the Bulldogs.
Raphael Jordan scored 13 points and Michael Chroney added 10 for Bryant (0-10). The Bulldogs have lost 12 straight dating back to last season. Bryant's last win was a 70-56 victory against New Jersey Institute of Technology on Feb. 17.
- NCAA BB
BRYANT 57 FINAL
Dec 12 2:52 PM
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15