El-Amin, Stony Brook keep Colgate winless 66-55Dec 12, 2009 - 10:35 PM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Muhammad El-Amin scored 18 points to lead Stony Brook to a 66-55 victory over Colgate on Saturday.
The senior guard's 3-pointer with 2:56 remaining started a 12-0 run that enabled the Seawolves (7-3) to pull away from the winless Raiders (0-9).
Bryan Dougher added 13 points and Chris Martin 11 for Stony Brook, and Tommy Brenton grabbed 12 rebounds, 11 at the defensive end.
Kyle Roemer scored 18 points and had four steals for Colgate, which built an early 15-9 lead with the help of seven points by Yaw Gyawu, who finished with 15.
El-Amin scored five points during a 10-2 Stony Brook run that gave the Seawolves a 25-23 lead with 3:57 left in the first half, and they led 32-31 at halftime.
Turnovers and fouls hurt Colgate. The Raiders turned the ball over 16 times to six for Stony Brook, and the Seawolves were 16-for-21 from the free-throw line to the Raiders' 9-for-17.
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 66
COLGATE 55 FINAL
Dec 12 3:52 PM
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 32
COLGATE 31 HALFTIME
Dec 12 2:44 PM
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15