Richard, defense lead Army over Dartmouth 59-46Dec 13, 2009 - 2:55 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Cleveland Richard scored 13 points and Army continued to play tight defense in a 59-46 victory over Dartmouth on Saturday night.
The Black Knights (7-2) came in allowing an average of 59.2 points per game and were even stingier with the Big Green (1-6), who shot 30 percent (15-for-50), including 26.7 percent (8-for-30) in the second half.
After David Rufful's layup for Dartmouth cut into Army's 24-19 halftime lead, Chris Walker scored the next three baskets for the Black Knights, who widened their lead to 32-23 at the 15:24 mark.
Dartmouth climbed back within 37-33 with 9:56 to go, but the Black Knights scored the next six points on baskets by Richard, Marcus Nelson and Jeremy Hence.
Jabari Trotter led Dartmouth with 14 points.
Julian Simmons, who had a streak of at least one 3-pointer in 13 straight games for Army, had it end with three unsuccessful attempts.
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 46 FINAL
Dec 12 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 19 HALFTIME
Dec 12 7:53 PM
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Army, Penn to play before Duke-Butler game Jul 8
- Pennsylvania knocks off Dartmouth 78-68 Mar 6
- Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43 Mar 5
- Lehigh moves past Army 64-45 Mar 3
- Shazier, Cohen lead Bucknell past Army, 62-51 Feb 27
- Brown rolls past Dartmouth 76-57 Feb 27
- Yale defeats Dartmouth 55-45 Feb 26