Eastern Michigan defeats James Madison, 75-64Dec 13, 2009 - 3:09 AM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Brandon Bowdry scored 20 points and grabbed 14 rebounds Saturday night to lead Eastern Michigan to a 75-64 victory over James Madison.
Carlos Medlock also scored 20 points and dished out eight assists for the Eagles (6-3), and Antonio Green added 15. Green's 3-pointer with just under 10 minutes remaining tied the game at 53-53, and after two free throws by Jamell Harris, Eastern Michigan led the rest of the way.
Julius Wells had 19 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Dukes (4-4). James Madison made 46 percent of its outside shots, compared to the Eagles' 39 percent. But Eastern Michigan held a 10-4 advantage in 3-pointers, with Medlock making four, and made 15-of-25 free throws while the Dukes were just 4-for-11 from the foul line.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 75 FINAL
Dec 12 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 32 HALFTIME
Dec 12 7:50 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28