Central Arkansas beats UT-Martin 81-71Dec 13, 2009 - 2:42 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Tadre Sheppard recorded a double-double and Jared Rehmel scored 21 points, leading Central Arkansas to an 81-71 win over Tennessee-Martin on Saturday night.
Sheppard also scored 21 points to go along with his 16 rebounds for the Bears (4-5), who have won three straight since a five-game losing skid in November. Chris Poellnitz added 16 points and Imad Qahwash had 10.
Sheppard, who was 8 of 11 from the floor, hit his only 3-point attempt and blocked two shots. Rehmel hit just 4 of 12 shots from the floor, but was 10-for-10 at the foul line and nailed three 3-pointers.
The game stayed close throughout, and the Skyhawks (1-7) led the Bears by a point at halftime.
The Skyhawks were up 48-46 with 12:17 left, but the Bears put together a 16-0 run from that juncture to seal it.
Reuben Clayton paced Tennesse-Martin with 18 points.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 81
UT MARTIN 71 FINAL
Dec 12 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 30
UT MARTIN 31 HALFTIME
Dec 12 7:47 PM
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29
- Central Arkansas seeks upset of No. 19 UNLV Dec 28
- No. 22 Murray State opens conference play with win Dec 22