Saint Louis cruises in 66-53 win over RockhurstDec 13, 2009 - 3:46 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Willie Reed grabbed his fifth double-double of the season, scoring 16 points and pulling down 13 rebounds as Saint Louis fended off Rockhurst 66-53 on Saturday night.
Reed shot 70 percent from the field while the Billikens (6-3) as a whole shot less than 45 percent.
Kwamain Mitchell led the team in scoring with 17 points, including a pair of 3-pointers. Christian Salecich added 11.
The Division II Hawks (5-4) came within six points with less than 4 minutes left after being down by 15 early in the second half.
But the Billikens went on a 9-0 run in the final minutes with the help of a dunk, two rebounds and a steal by Reed. A layup by Jazz Neal at the buzzer did the Hawks little good.
Blake Baird led Rockhurst with 14 points, and Aaron Morrissey added 11.
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 66 FINAL
Dec 12 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 35 HALFTIME
Dec 12 9:00 PM
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22
- Saint Louis battles back, downs NC State in overtime Mar 21
- Wolfpack battle Billikens in Midwest showdown Mar 20
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14
- Bonnies battle Billikens in A-10 tourney Mar 14