Stephen F. Austin beats Longwood 73-69Dec 12, 2009 - 9:24 PM FARMVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Jereal Scott scored 22 points, including a tie-breaking layup with 38 seconds left to help Stephen F. Austin beat Longwood 73-69 on Saturday.
Eddie Williams added 14 points, and Jordan Glynn had 11 points and grabbed 11 boards for the Lumberjacks (6-2).
In a game that was close throughout the first half, Williams hit a 3-pointer as time expired to pull the Lumberjacks within 43-40. But Walt Harris' jumper capped an 11-3 run early in the second half that gave the Lumberjacks a three-point lead.
The teams traded leads the rest of the way until Scott's layup broke a 69-69 tie in the final minute. Williams sank a pair of free throws with 6 seconds left for the Lumberjacks' final margin.
Aaron Mitchell and Dana Smith paced the Lancers (1-9) with 14 points apiece.
The Lumberjacks have won five straight since losing 63-61 to Texas Tech on Nov. 24.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15