Ohio holds off Delaware 86-70Dec 12, 2009 - 9:49 PM NEWARK, Del.(AP) -- Armon Bassett scored 27 points and DeVaughn Washington had 21 points, leading Ohio to an 86-70 win over Delaware on Saturday.
Tommy Freeman added 12 points for the Bobcats (5-3), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Bassett finished 8-for-12 from the floor and was 9 of 10 from the foul line, while Washington shot 8-for-10 from the field.
Alphonso Dawson's layup put the Blue Hens (2-7) up 2-0 just over 1 minute into the game - it would be their last lead. A Freeman 3-pointer sparked a 12-2 Bobcats run and they never trailed again.
The Bobcats led by nine at halftime and outscored Delaware 49-42 in the second.
The Blue Hens turned the ball over 18 times, and Ohio finished with 10 steals. The Bobcats were 6 of 14 from 3-point range, while Delaware went just 4 of 19.
Dawson paced the Blue Hens with 20 points.
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE 70 FINAL
Dec 12 4:13 PM
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE 28 HALFTIME
Dec 12 2:58 PM
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Delaware basketball suspends three Jan 29
- Ross, No. 3 Ohio State top Delaware Dec 19