Wagner 59, St. Peter's 58Dec 12, 2009 - 9:53 PM JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) -- Ryan Conrad scored 12 points and Wagner picked up its first win of the season by holding off Saint Peter's 59-58 on Saturday.
Danny Mundweiler added 11 points as the Seahawks (1-7) won for the first time since Feb. 28.
Clifton Spiller hit a jumper with 1:16 left to give Wagner 53-51 lead, and the Seahawks built the advantage to 57-51 on T.J. Czeski's two free throws with 24 seconds left.
Saint Peter's (4-4) cut the lead to 58-55 on Yvon Raymond's layup with 3 seconds remaining, but Czeski hit another free throw to put the game out of reach. Steven Samuels hit a 3-pointer with 1 second to play for the final margin.
Doug Elwell had 10 rebounds for Wagner, which won despite shooting 30.8 percent from the floor (16-for-52).
Jeron Belin, Darius Conley and Wesley Jenkins scored 10 points each for Saint Peter's. Conley had 12 of the Peacocks' 52 rebounds.
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26
- Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Report: Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Sloppy Huskies down Wagner Nov 15
- Seahawks and Huskies mix it up in Storrs Nov 14
- Saint Peter's extends Dunne through 2015-16 Jun 22
- Purdue steamrolls Saint Peter's Mar 19