San Diego State defeats Arizona 63-46Dec 13, 2009 - 5:22 AM SAN DIEGO(AP) -- Freshman Kawhi Leonard scored 13 points to lead a balanced attack as San Diego State snapped a seven-game losing to Arizona with a 63-46 win Saturday night.
The Aztecs (8-2) defeated the Wildcats for only the sixth time in 21 games.
Derrick Williams scored 13 points to lead Arizona (4-5), and Lamont Jones came off the bench to score 12.
Leonard also grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds, and D.J. Gay scored 12 points for San Diego State, which had seven players score between five and 12 points.
The Aztecs used an 8-0 run to take a 45-26 lead six minutes into the second half. They led 33-20 at halftime and by double digits the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO ST 63 FINAL
Dec 12 11:54 PM
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO ST 33 HALFTIME
Dec 12 10:51 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29