Wyoming beats Northern Colorado, 76-70Dec 13, 2009 - 12:56 AM CASPER, Wyo.(AP)(AP) -- Afam Muojeke scored 15 points as Wyoming held off Northern Colorado 76-70 Saturday in the Wyoming Shootout.
The Cowboys (5-4) appeared to have the game in hand, leading 50-40 with 10 minutes left, but Devon Beitzel scored eight straight to cut the lead to two. Wyoming answered with 12 points from Muojeke and five points each from Waddell and JayDee Luster to weather the storm.
Muojeke was 8 of 8 from the free-throw line in the final 42 seconds of the game. Neither team shot the ball well from the field and the difference came from the free-throw line, as Wyoming was 31 of 43, including 17 of 23 in the second half. Northern Colorado hit 10 of 18 free throws, but just 3 of 10 in the second half.
Beitzel led the Bears (8-2) with 25 points, followed by Chris Kaba with 18 and Will Figures with 10.
Waddell scored 13 for Wyoming and Desmar Jackson added 11.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- San Diego State tops No. 25 Wyoming Jan 15