Dahlman, Godzinski pace Wofford over Navy 73-62Dec 12, 2009 - 11:36 PM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored 13 points and Corey Godzinski 12 as Wofford defeated Navy 73-62 on Saturday.
The Terriers (5-6) outscored Navy 23-12 over the final 8:22 after the Midshipmen (4-7) had pulled into a 50-50 tie on a 3-pointer by Jordan Sugars, who led all scorers with 21 points.
A layup and free throw by Terry Martin put Wofford ahead 53-50. Mark Veazey's layup for Navy cut it to 53-52, but Brad Loesing hit a 3-pointer for Wofford and Dahlman added a pair of layups to make it 60-52.
Navy led by as much as six points, 18-12, in the first half, but Wofford came back behind Godzinski, who scored 10 of his points in the opening half. The Terriers took a 32-26 lead into halftime.
Loesing added 10 points for Wofford and Tim Johnson had a team-high eight rebounds.
Chris Harris scored 11 points for Navy.
- NCAA BB
WOFFORD 73 FINAL
Dec 12 4:59 PM
- NCAA BB
WOFFORD 32 HALFTIME
Dec 12 3:55 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21