Thompson scores 21 in Rider's 79-67 win over UMBCDec 13, 2009 - 2:26 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Ryan Thompson scored 21 points and Rider defeated Maryland-Baltimore County 79-67 on Saturday night.
The Broncs (7-4) trailed 12-10 with 13:53 left in the first half before scoring 14 straight points to take a 24-12 advantage on Jermaine Jackson's jump shot with 9:48 left until halftime.
Thompson scored 15 first-half points and Rider led 42-33 at halftime.
Justin Robinson finished with 17 points, Novar Gadson 16 and Jhamar Youngblood 10 for the Broncs, who play their next six games on the road.
Rider, which shot 50 percent (27 of 54), won its fourth straight against the Retrievers, a former opponent in the East Coast Conference from 1990-92.
UMBC's Matt Spedafora scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds. Chris De La Rosa added 11 points and five assists and Adrian Satchell scored 10 points for the Retreivers (0-9).
- NCAA BB
UMBC 67 FINAL
Dec 12 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
UMBC 33 HALFTIME
Dec 12 7:53 PM
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Baggett named Rider head coach May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22