Missouri routs Fairleigh Dickinson 87-36Dec 13, 2009 - 3:13 AM COLUMBIA, Mo.(AP) -- Kim English had a game-high 20 points to lead Missouri past Fairleigh Dickinson 87-36 Saturday night.
Eleven of English's points came in the first 3 1/2 minutes of the game. The victory pushes Missouri's home winning streak to 24 games.
Terence Grier led the Knights (1-10) with 12 points. It was Fairleigh Dickinson's lowest-scoring game this season.
The Tigers (6-3) burst out of the gates in the second half with a 20-0 run to pull away from the Knights, holding the Fairleigh Dickinson without a field goal for the first 8:53 of the half.
The stifling Missouri defense forced 26 Knight turnovers and held the visitors to just 21 percent from the floor, including a lackluster 3 of 22 from three-point range.
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 36
MISSOURI 87 FINAL
Dec 12 9:51 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON 20 20
MISSOURI 45 45 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON - KAMIL SVRDLIK 10, TERENCE GRIER 6,
JOHN GALVIN 4
MISSOURI - KIM ENGLISH 14, ZAIRE TAYLOR 7,
J.T. TILLER 5
Dec 12 8:47 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29