Wisconsin-Milwaukee rolls to 84-73 victoryDec 13, 2009 - 3:50 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Ricky Franklin scored 19 of his season-high 23 points in the first half Saturday to lead Wisconsin-Milwaukee to an 84-73 victory over North Dakota State.
James Eayrs added 15 points and Ja'Rob McCallum scored 13 for the Panthers (7-4), who outrebounded North Dakota State 40-28.
Josh Vaughan made four 3-pointers and scored a team-high 19 points for NDSU (4-5). Eric Carlson added 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Bison.
Milwaukee made four of its first six 3-pointers to take a 24-13 lead. The Panthers led 50-41 at halftime despite North Dakota State shooting 62 percent.
The Bison cut it to 30-29 on a Nate Zastrow 3-pointer with 7:17 left, but the Panthers answered with a 16-4 run over the next 4 1/2 minutes to build a 13-point lead, 46-33.
Milwaukee led by as many as 14 in the second half and NDSU got no closer than seven down the stretch.
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 84
NO DAKOTA ST 73 FINAL
Dec 12 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 50
NO DAKOTA ST 41 HALFTIME
Dec 12 8:49 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10