LSU rallies, defeats Northwestern State 73-62Dec 13, 2009 - 3:14 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Tasmin Mitchell scored 24 points and Storm Warren added a career-high 21 as LSU rallied from a 10-point second half deficit to defeat Northwestern State 73-62 on Saturday night.
Mitchell had 17 points in the second half, and Warren, who was 9-for-11 from the field, matched his career high in rebounds with 16.
With the score tied at 52 in the second half, LSU (5-2) reeled off seven consecutive points. Warren's three-point play gave the Tigers the lead for good with 8:50 remaining. Baskets by Aaron Dotson and Bo Spencer pushed LSU's advantage to seven points.
The Demons came no closer than five points during the last 8 1/2 minutes.
Mitchell and Spencer scored the Tigers' final 16 points. Mitchell scored 11 of those 16 points.
Devon Baker led Northwestern State (4-4) with 18 points. Damon Jones added 14 points and Dominic Knight contributed 10.
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Simmons confident LSU will raise game vs. tougher schedule Dec 28
- Fast start by LSU's Simmons compares well to recent greats Dec 4
- LSU hoping Simmons, Blakeney make Tigers an SEC power Oct 29
- LSU embracing hype, expectations, surrounding Simmons Oct 14
- LSU's Mickey declares for NBA Draft Mar 31
- LSU sophomore Martin to enter NBA Draft Mar 25
- NC State stuns LSU on buzzer-beater Mar 20