Missouri State beats Arkansas State 75-64Dec 13, 2009 - 3:50 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Will Creekmore scored 17 points and Adam Leonard and Kyle Weems added 15 each to lead Missouri State to a 75-64 victory against Arkansas State on Saturday night.
The Bears (9-0) never trailed after halftime, when the scored was tied at 35-35. Creekmore jump-started Missouri State by scoring its first seven points of the second half, and a 19-7 run over an eight-minute span gave Missouri State a 68-53 lead with 4:10 remaining.
Daniel Bryant and Brandon Reed scored 16 points apiece for Arkansas State (3-5), which erased a 14-point deficit to knot the score at intermission.
Missouri State, which made 18 of 20 free-throw attempts in the second half, has won consecutive road games for the first time since the 2006-07 season.
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 75
ARKANSAS ST 64 FINAL
Dec 12 10:03 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 35
ARKANSAS ST 35 HALFTIME
Dec 12 9:03 PM
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18
- Panthers and Bears meet MVC melee Jan 18
- No. 2 Wichita State rolls into MVC final Mar 8
- Shockers take on Bears in MVC Semifinals Mar 8
- Shockers finish off perfect regular season Mar 1