Weber State easily defeats Southern Utah 84-66Dec 13, 2009 - 4:21 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Steve Panos scored 19 points and was one of five Weber State players in double figures as the Wildcats beat Southern Utah 84-66 on Saturday night.
Nick Hansen had four 3-pointers in the first eight minutes as the Wildcats (5-4) built an early 21-6 lead. Hansen finished with 18 points while Franklin Session also had 18.
Davis Baker scored 27 points to lead the Thunderbirds (3-7), who have lost five straight games.
The Thunderbirds cut the Wildcats lead to 66-53 with 8:56 to play following a three-point play by Matt Hodgson, but Weber State answered with 10 straight points.
Southern Utah ended the first half on a 7-3 run, including a 3-pointer at the buzzer by Damon Heuir, but still trailed 48-31 at intermission. The 48 points were the most scored by Weber State in a first half this season, and the lead was its first at halftime this season.
- NCAA BB
SOUTHERN UTAH 66
WEBER ST 84 FINAL
Dec 12 10:51 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTHERN UTAH 31
WEBER ST 48 HALFTIME
Dec 12 9:51 PM
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- SDSU routs Southern Utah Dec 19
- Thunderbirds come calling on 24th-ranked Aztecs Dec 18
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2