Utah Valley St. 56, Utah St. 87Dec 13, 2009 - 4:14 AM LOGAN, Utah (AP) -- Pooh Williams led five Aggies in double figures with 15 points as Utah State ran past Utah Valley 87-56 Saturday night.
Jared Quayle and Brian Green scored 13, Nate Bendall 12, and Tyler Newbold added 11 for Utah State (5-3).
Corey Claitt scored a career-high 22 points for the Wolverines (4-5). He made nine of his 10 shots. Utah Valley's leading scorer for the season, Jordan Swarbrick, did not get his first field goal until 13:05 remained, and finished with six points. Swarbrick brought a 16.5-point average into Saturday's game.
Utah Valley ran off 16 straight points against the Aggies over two halves, but a pair of 3-point shots by Utah State early in the second half stopped the run. The Wolverines were never able to get closer than 48-31 in the second half.
Utah State shot 13-of-21 from 3-point range and converted 12-of-14 free throws.
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 56
UTAH ST 87 FINAL
Dec 12 10:51 PM
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 26
UTAH ST 48 HALFTIME
Dec 12 9:54 PM
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18