Defense leads Pacific to 79-49 routDec 13, 2009 - 5:33 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Pacific forced 21 turnovers and came up with 13 steals Saturday in a 79-49 rout over Sacramento State.
The Tigers (7-2) limited Sacramento State to 30 percent shooting from the field while setting a season low for fewest points allowed in a game.
Demetrece Young led Pacific with 12 points - all on 3-pointers - as coach Bob Thomason cleared his bench with a 35-point lead midway through the second half.
Sam Willard and Michael Nunnally added 10 points each for Pacific, which had 11 players score.
Duro Bjegovic came off the bench to lead Sacramento State (4-7) with nine points. Michael Selling had eight points and eight rebounds for the Hornets.
The 13 steals were sixth most in Pacific history.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 49
PACIFIC 79 FINAL
Dec 12 11:49 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 24
PACIFIC 47 HALFTIME
Dec 12 10:46 PM
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- No. 24 Gonzaga handles Pacific Jan 5
- Pacific comes calling on No. 24 Gonzaga Jan 4
- Oregon tops Pacific Nov 29
- Oregon hosts Pacific in Global Sports Challenge Nov 29