Nevada wins 92-72 over South Dakota StateDec 13, 2009 - 5:11 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Brandon Fields scored 20 points to lead Nevada past South Dakota State 92-72 Saturday night.
Armon Johnson scored 17 points and Luke Babbitt added 16 points and 10 rebounds as the Wolf Pack (4-4) remained unbeaten at home this season (4-0).
Garrett Callahan and Nate Wolters each scored 15 points to lead South Dakota State (4-6). Garrett Callahan hit 3 of 5 3-pointers for nine points.
Nevada, which has now won its last two games, took a 49-31 lead at the half. Fields scored 13 points and Joey Shaw had 10 of there points in the first. Fields scored 11 points in a span of 3:30 as Nevada took a 36-14 lead with 7:15 to go in the opening half.
South Dakota State's Griffan Callahan hit a pair of 3-pointers in the final two minutes of the first half for his only six points of the game.
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 72
NEVADA 92 FINAL
Dec 12 11:59 PM
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 31
NEVADA 49 HALFTIME
Dec 12 10:52 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25